In today’s scheme, we will talk about a Scheme run by the West Bengal State Government called Student Credit Card. It is one of a series of Schemes run by the West Bengal State Government.
In fact, the Scheme has been launched to provide financial assistance to a large number of poor students in the state for their tuition fees.
So let’s not talk about the WB Student Credit Card Scheme in West Bengal at today’s event.
What is a WB Student Credit Card?
It is one of the development Schemes run by the West Bengal State Government. The State Government is providing financial loans to the students studying under this Scheme. In fact, the Scheme started its journey on June 30.
While inaugurating the Scheme, Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said that the Scheme was launched to provide higher education to all students in West Bengal.
In fact, prior to this Scheme, the state government had launched several schemes like Kanyashree, Shikshashree which provided financial assistance to students from class VIII to secondary and higher secondary levels.
As a result, a student credit card Scheme has been launched where the state government has made arrangements for students to take loans up to Rs 10 lakh at nominal interest.
The best thing is that the state government itself is the reference for student loans.
|Name of the scheme||Student Credit Card Scheme, West Bengal|
|Department||West Bengal Higher Education Department|
|Launched By||CM Mamata Banerjee|
|Purpose||To rehabilitate the sex workers in West Bengal.|
Objectives of the Student Credit Card Scheme?
In fact, the new initiative of the West Bengal State Government in the field of education is the Student Credit Card Scheme. The first and foremost objective of this Scheme is to build good citizens. In fact, every human being has the right to education.
It is the responsibility of the state to provide opportunities, especially to those who want to pursue higher education and serve the country by developing their own intelligence and knowledge.
Under this Scheme, the state government has given the facility of taking education loans to students. In this way, the state government wants to ensure that no student deviates from developing their knowledge due to lack of funds.
Another major objective of this Scheme is to ensure quality education for all. Unfortunately, it is true that many students in the Indian state of West Bengal are still unable to continue their studies due to a lack of funds.
Above all, the purpose of the Student Credit Card Scheme is to build good citizens for the country. It goes without saying that education is the backbone of the nation. One of its objectives is to build a nation by facilitating the path of adoption.
What benefits of a student credit card scheme?
The Student Credit Card Scheme is being run to facilitate higher education for students. Let’s not know what are the benefits of this Scheme.
1. Under this scheme, all students of West Bengal till the age of 40 will be able to take a loan of up to Rs 10 lakh.
2. Under this Scheme, the state government is providing loans of up to Rs 10 lakh for higher education. As a result, students can easily take loans from banks and continue their higher education expenses.
3. Under this Scheme, students from secondary to higher secondary levels have been brought under the loan. As a result, those who want to study in high-quality schools can easily continue their studies by taking loans.
4. Under this Scheme, the state government is giving loans for the education of high-level students. Those who are engaged in various Honors Masters fellowships or PhDs will be able to continue their studies by taking education.
5. In addition, the state government is giving cubic loans to students preparing for various competitive exams under this Scheme. As a result, those who are preparing themselves for various competitive exams will be able to continue their studies with confidence.
6. Under this, the state government is not only providing loans but also providing assistance in various ancillary matters. These include providing loans for the purchase of laptops or devices.
Eligible for a student credit card Scheme?
The Student Credit Card Scheme is an impeccable Scheme run by the West Bengal State Government. It helps students to continue their education activities by providing education loans.
1. To be eligible for the Student Credit Card Scheme, the applicant must be a permanent resident of West Bengal. First, the applicant must be a citizen of India. Second, the student’s family must have resided in West Bengal for at least ten years.
2. In order to apply for this Scheme, the age limit of the student should be within 40 years. This means that all the students who have crossed the age of 40 years will not be considered eligible for this Scheme.
3. All students from Higher Secondary to Honors Masters or PhDs will be able to take education under this scheme. Besides, those who are preparing for various competitive exams will be able to take education loans under that scheme.
Documents for a student credit card scheme?
Only if you are considered eligible for the Student Credit Card Scheme you can apply for this scheme. The following documents will be required to apply under this scheme.
1. Xerox copy of the student’s Aadhaar card.
2. A Xerox copy of the applicant’s PAN card will be required to apply for this Scheme.
3. Higher Secondary Certificate will be required to apply for this Scheme.
4. To apply for this Scheme, the applicant will need a certificate of admission to his / her educational institution.
5. In order to apply for this Scheme, the applicant has to keep a list of all the expenses incurred by the educational institution along with his / her tuition fee and his / her certificate.
6. To apply for this scheme, the applicant has to prove that he is a citizen of West Bengal. Therefore, his family has to prove that he has been living in West Bengal for 10 years.
7. To apply for this scheme, the applicant will need a passport-size photograph of his / her parents or legal guardian.
8. The student will need an email address and phone number.
9. The signature of the student and his / her guardian will be required.
how to apply for a student credit card scheme?
1) At first go to www.wb.gov.in or wbscc.wb.gov.in.
2) Click on ‘Student Registration’.
3) A new page will open. There is a need to give different information.
4) There you have to give your name, address, mobile number, email ID, and other information. The registration form will be different depending on whether you have an Aadhaar card or not. You also have to give the password. Then click on ‘Register’.
5) The OTP will go to the phone number given. You have to write that OTP and verify it.
6) When the registration process is complete, a ‘Registration ID’ will appear on the screen. All information related to logging in will also be sent to the phone.
7) Go to wbscc.wb.gov.in/ and click on Student Login.
8) You have to log in with that registration ID and password.
9) ‘Dashboard’ will open. Click on ‘Apply Now’ there.
10) A new page will open. There is a need to give different information. The registration form will be different depending on whether you have an Aadhaar card or not. There will also be ‘Download Undertaking Documents’. If the student does not have a PAN card, he has to download ‘Download Undertaking Documents’. After giving all the information including address, and bank account, do ‘Save & Continue’.
11) Then a new page will open. That form will be different depending on whether you have an Aadhaar card or not. If there is an Aadhaar card, there is a picture of the applicant, a picture of the co-applicant, the signature of the applicant, the signature of the co-applicant or guardian, the Aadhaar card, proof of address of co-applicant (voter ID), picture of the applicant’s admission receipt, PAN card, PAN card of co-applicant, applicant Necessary documents related to course fees need to be uploaded.
12) After uploading all the documents, do ‘Save & Continue’.
13) A new page will open. Check out all the documents and information there. Then click ‘Submit Application. To change any information or document, click on ‘Edit Loan application’. Once submitted, the information cannot be changed.
14) Then ‘Application Submitted to HOI’ will appear in ‘Dashboard’. This means that the application has gone to the head of the educational institution.
15) The application form will be sent to the higher education department on behalf of the school. Then ‘Application forwarded by to HOI to HED’ will appear in ‘Dashboard’.
After the applicant has applied, all the information will reach the Nodal Officer of the Institution. He will verify everything and send it to the Department of Higher Education. It will then be examined and sent to the Bank. If it is like Approve & Sanction, Student Credit Card will be created.
|Official Site||Click Here|
|WBGOV Home||Click Here|