Rupashree Prakalpa is one of a group of development Schemes run by the state government of West Bengal. The state government has launched this Scheme to give marriage to girls from poor families and to prevent child marriage.
After being elected as the Chief Minister of West Bengal, Mamata Banerjee has launched various development Schemes. Many of these Schemes are being conducted only for the development of women.
These include Kanyashree Prakalpa, Lakshmir Bhandar, Sabla Prakalpa, etc. Among these Schemes, the state government of West Bengal came up with the Rupashree Prakalpa to empower women and prevent child marriage.
In today’s event, we will learn about the Rupashree Scheme run by the West Bengal state government. We will also learn about the objectives and difficulties of the Scheme. Then we will gradually discuss who can apply for the Scheme and how to apply.
|Name of the scheme||Rupashree Prakalpa, West Bengal|
|Department||West Bengal Women & Child Development and Social Welfare Department|
|Launched By||CM Mamata Banerjee|
|Purpose||To provide financial assistance to the marriageable daughters of West Bengal.|
What is Rupashree Scheme 2023?
The state government has launched a Scheme to prevent child marriage to cover the cost of the marriage of girls in West Bengal. It is a Scheme for which the state government is providing financial assistance for the marriage of brides.
Mamata Banerjee’s reign began in West Bengal in 2011. During this time, Mamata Banerjee launched a Scheme called Kanyashree. After the huge success of the sub-Scheme, the state government came up with another new Scheme to prevent child marriage.
The Rupashree Scheme started its journey on January 31, 2018. Under this scheme, the state government is providing one-time financial assistance for the marriage of daughters of poor families in the state of West Bengal.
One of the most important development Schemes undertaken by the state government of West Bengal.
WB Rupashree Prakalpa Pdf forms Download
Purpose of the Rupashree Prakalpa 2023?
The Rupashree Scheme is being run with the aim of providing financial assistance to the marriageable daughters of West Bengal during their marriage. The first and foremost objective of this Scheme is to empower women.
In fact, in many states of West Bengal, child marriage still takes place in poor families. The Rupashree Prakalpa is being run by the state government to prevent this child marriage.
The state government has taken up this Scheme to prevent the girls of West Bengal from dropping out of school and getting married at a young age so that they are not harmed physically and mentally.
On the other hand, another objective of the Scheme is to provide financial assistance to poor families in the state of West Bengal to give their daughters in marriage.
Many girls are still being tortured in West Bengal due to a lack of dowry and financial resources.
Benefits of the Rupashree Scheme 2023?
The state government is helping poor families to get their daughters married through financial assistance under the Rupashree Prakalpa.
Through this direct assistance, many daughters have become self-reliant and empowered today. The Scheme has had multiple benefits since its inception in 2018.
1. Through this Scheme, the state government is providing financial assistance to financially helpless families in West Bengal.
In fact, many financially weak families are not able to marry their daughters to suitable husbands due to financial constraints. Now under the Scheme, it is possible.
2. Under this scheme, the state government is providing one-time financial assistance of Rs 25,000 to poor families. Financial grants are being given for the marriage of daughters of poor families.
3. Under this scheme, the state government has guaranteed the marriage of marriageable daughters. As a result, the daughters of the state are able to continue their education at least up to a higher secondary level.
4. The state government is providing financial assistance to prevent child marriage through this Scheme. As a result, no woman can be tortured by marrying at a young age.
5. Through this Scheme, the state government has been able to create opportunities for girls’ education, which has resulted in the real empowerment of women.
Who can apply for Rupashree Prakalpa 2023?
The Rupashree Scheme is being run with the aim of providing financial assistance for the marriage of marriageable girls.
Girls from the state of West Bengal will be considered eligible to apply for the arranged Scheme. However, they must have the following qualifications.
1. To apply for Rupashree Scheme, the applicant must be a permanent resident of West Bengal. Or the applicant must be a citizen of India and have a record of living in West Bengal for at least five years.
2. To apply for this Scheme, the applicant’s daughter must be above 18 years of age. This means that no girl below 18 years of age will be considered eligible for this Scheme.
3. The applicant must get married as required. This financial assistance is not provided for second marriage.
4. To apply for this scheme, the applicant must be 21 years of age to marry the groom. If the groom is below 21 years of age, the application cannot be made for this scheme.
5. Only poor families can apply for the Scheme.
How to apply for Rupashree Scheme 2023?
The Rupashree Scheme is being run by the West Bengal State Government to provide financial assistance to married girls.
To apply for the Scheme, you first need to know what documents are required to apply. So let’s take a look at what documents will be required to apply for the Scheme.
1. The applicant will need a birth certificate to make this actual application.
2. To apply in this way, the applicant may need an Aadhaar card, PAN card, etc.
3. The applicant’s family income certificate will be required to apply for this scheme.
4. The applicant may require a certificate of age or proof of age to apply for this scheme.
5. In order to apply for this Scheme, the applicant wants to use the certificate of age will be required.
6 . The applicant may require a passport-size photograph to apply for this scheme.
7 . In this context, the applicant will need a bank account and all the information to apply.
8. A statement to the effect that the applicant is voluntarily married may be required to apply.
To apply for Rupashree Scheme, first, you have to download the application form for this Scheme. The form can be downloaded from the official website of the West Bengal State Government.
Besides, the form can be collected from the local government office. Forms can be collected from the local block office BDO or sub-divisional office. After that, the form has to be submitted to the government office.
In this case, keep in mind that it has to be submitted at least 30 days before the wedding. However, the form fee cannot be submitted before 7 days. For the form, the government official will consciously check and sort the information. If the applicant is deemed eligible, the financial assistance will reach the account five days before the wedding.
Through the Rupashree Scheme, it has been possible to prevent child marriage in many parts of West Bengal. Women from poor families are advancing in the field of education today.