Kanyashree Scheme is a development scheme initiated and run by Mamata Banerjee, the Hon’ble Chief Minister of West Bengal.
The scheme was officially launched in 2013. It has so far provided scholarships to a large number of girls in different districts of West Bengal at the secondary and higher secondary levels.
What is the Kanyashree scheme?
The Kanyashree scheme is an initiative taken by the Government of West Bengal to improve the lives and conditions of girls by providing cash assistance to economically backward families.
|Name of the scheme||Kanyashree Prakalpa, West Bengal|
|Department||Women Development & Social Welfare Department|
|Launch date||In March 2013|
|Purpose||To improve the condition of the girl child by encouraging the schooling of girls in West Bengal.|
|Official website||Click Here|
So that no family arranges the marriage of their daughter before the age of eighteen due to economic difficulties.
One of the objectives of this scheme is to bring up the financially backward poor girls for higher education. The scheme has received multiple national and international recognition for its design and good governance features.
What is the main goal of the Kanyashree scheme?
West Bengal has been running a development scheme for girls since 2013. The main objective is to provide financial assistance to girls so that girls in West Bengal can continue their higher education.
In fact, according to a law passed in 2006, the age of marriage for girls in West Bengal is 18 years. On the other hand, for a boy, the age at this age is 21 years. Unfortunately, child marriage is still practiced in different parts of India and West Bengal.
In fact, if the cause of child marriage is investigated, it will be seen that most of the family watch and they lack higher education. They do not want to spend money on educating their children.
It is basically a condition-based help plan under which a girl must inevitably study at the secondary and higher secondary levels.
Besides, the underlying goals of this scheme are to establish gender equality by giving women access to education.
On the other hand, the empowerment of women and making them self-reliant is one of the goals of the Kanyashree scheme.
Who gets this benefit?
Those who are between the ages of 13 to 18 years will get this scholarship. Age alone is not the only qualification for receiving a grant.
Only those girls who are studying from 9th class to 12th class or are involved in vocational education will get this scholarship.
Track application status
On the kanyashree schemes official website you can easily track your application status. To check your application status you have to do some steps following below-
1. Click here to visit the application status page of the website.
2. Now you can see the application status form.
(Note: to check your application status you have to know your applicant ID. If you forget your applicant ID don’t worry see the below we also provide how you can track your applicant ID)
3. In the track application status form enter some information to get the status,
- Select your year of application.
- Now select the type of scheme of Kanyashree.
- Enter your applicant ID.
- Now add your date of birth
- At the last fill the captcha code sowing down of the form.
3. After completing the fill-up of the form press the submit button. After pressing submit button it will provide you with the current status of your application.
You can easily print this application status if you want or you can also download in PDF format.
Track Applicant ID
If you forget your application ID for the Kanyashree scheme you can easily find your application ID online.
To find your application ID follow the simple steps below-
1. Click here to visit the track application page of the official website.
2. Now you can see the track application ID form, you have to fill this form properly.
- Select the year of application.
- Select your district.
- Select your block.
- Select your school/College /Vocational Training center.
- Now select the type of scheme of Kanyashree.
- Now give your date of birth
- Enter the serial number of the application form.
- Now you can see the captcha code on the left side of the form. Enter the captcha code in the blanks section.
3. After completing the fill-up of the form press the submit button. After pressing submit button it will provide you with the application ID.
Application ID is most important to search or track your application and also so helpful for knowing other information.
August 14 is celebrated as Kanyashree Day to promote the scheme across the state. On August 14, 2013, state-wide events were held to promote the scheme.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee presided over the function in Kolkata. Awareness campaigns were organized by the government in the districts.
How is one considered suitable under the scheme?
The Kanyashee scheme is generally divided into two major parts. One is an annual scholarship and the other is a scholarship for once.
The eligibility criteria for the annual scholarship are-
1. The student must be over thirteen years of age and under eighteen years of age.
2. The student must be literate in at least eighth grade.
3. The family income of the student should be not more than one lakh twenty thousand rupees per annum; at present this condition has been removed.
4. Any student studying in a government or government-approved or government-aided school will get this opportunity.
5. The student must be unmarried.
The one-time scholarship eligibility criteria are-
1. The student must be over eighteen years of age and under nineteen years of age on the day of application.
2. The student should be studying any subject of secondary, higher-secondary, technical, vocational, sports, etc. in a registered institution.
Where is this form available?
Kanyashree forms are available in all secondary-higher secondary schools, colleges, and madrasas.
This form is also given in the office of the sub-divisional governor, block office. Forms can also be collected from the Commissioner of the Social Welfare Department at Bidhannagar.
Kanyashree forms are also available at the Kolkata Municipal Offices. The form is available for free.
Duare Sarkar Campaign – Kanyashree Prakalpa
According to the Government of West Bengal, anyone who is eligible for this scheme can easily apply to know information about the scheme in the Duare Sarkar camp.
WB government also provides some form online about our scheme and also the process-related files of Duare Sarkar Campaign – Kanyashree Prakalpa.
|K2 Upgradation Form||Download|
|Line of Action of Kanyashree Prakalpa (Duare Sarkar)||Download|
|SOP of Kanyashree Prakalpa (Duare Sarkar)||Download|
These documents are provided by the government on the main website of Kanyashree. Also, the documents provide information like who and how to apply for the scheme. What do you need to do? You about documents of the schemes and more important files.
Global recognition of Kanyashree
According to the Kanyashree website, the scheme has received a number of awards and is accepted globally.
1. 1st Place Winner in UNPSA Award 2017
2. Finalist in GEM-Tech Awards 2016 organized by ITU and UN Women
3. United Nations WSIS Prize 2016 Champion in e-Government Category (WSIS Action Line C7)
4. CSI-Nihilent Award, 2014-15.
5. Skoch Award and Order of Merit 2015 for Smart Governance.
6. National E-governance Award 2014 – 2015 awarded by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances, Government of India.
7. Manthan Award for Digital Inclusion for Development (South Asia and the Asia Pacific) 2014 under the category E-Women and Empowerment.
8. West Bengal Chief Ministers Award for Empowerment of Girls, 2014
On the 6th anniversary of the Kanyashree scheme, the West Bengal government said that the Kanyashree scheme has so far ensured the education of about 60 lakh women.
The process is in full swing in the ongoing pandemic. Kanyashree day is also well celebrated all over the state.
|Official Site||Click Here|
|WBGOV Home||Click Here|