The West Bengal government launched the Swasthya Sathi Scheme with a view to protecting the health of the common people of the entire state. The plan of this Scheme is to give a smart card called ‘Swasthya Saathi’.
Cashless will show the card and get free treatment in government hospitals and some private hospitals and nursing homes. But you have to apply for that card from the government. It is possible to know various information related to the card by registering on the website of the Swasthya Sathi.
|Name of the scheme||Swasthya Sathi Scheme, West Bengal|
|Department||West Bengal Health and Family Welfare Department|
|Launched By||CM Mamata Banerjee|
|Purpose||To provide health facilities up to Rs. 5 lakh in West Bengal.|
And based on that information, you can apply for a health care card. But Swasthya Sathi Scheme: Not all government employees will get the benefits of the Swasthya Sathi Scheme.
How to register online for the Swasthya Sathi card?
If one wants to register for Swasthya Sathi online alone, then he/she i.e. the applicant has to create a login ID from the official website of the portal.
1) To create a login ID, first, go to the official website.
2) If you want to go to Google Chrome and type Swasthya Sathi directly, the official website will come up.
3) The first step to registering is to log in to the website.
4) Click on Login on the right side of the website and enter the IDR password.
5) Registration is completely successful only if you create your own username and password.
How to check the status of the Swasthya Sathi card application
To check the status of the Swasthya Sathi card application,
First, visit the official website of the Scheme. Then click on the menu option and then click on “Find Your Name”. Now enter the mobile number that you gave at the time of application. If you do not remember the number you entered, enter your primary mobile number.
Now select the option to see your or others’ application status from the options. Then click on the “Submit” button. A new page will open.
Choose state name, district name, block/municipality, and other details. In the “Select by” box, select the documents submitted during the Swasthya Sathi Card application.
Enter the document number. Now click on submit button. Your health care card status and other details will be displayed on your screen.
Here you can see if a URN number has been created for your health care card. If it is not created, your application has not yet been approved. You can check your name on the list of health care cards. The steps to check this are given in the following article.
What documents are required to apply for the Swasthya Sathi card?
1) Copy of Aadhaar card
3) Documents to prove that the applicant is a permanent resident of Kolkata
4) If someone lives below the poverty line in the state, then BPL or Below Poverty Line Certificate to prove it.
5) If you are associated with a medical organization, its registration certificate
What are the benefits to the general public under the Scheme?
A number of programs were adopted under the Scheme. Let’s see what benefits the common man will get through this Scheme.
1) Every family will have the opportunity to be covered by health insurance through the Scheme.
2) As per the rules of the scheme, every family will get primary health care for up to 1.5 lakh rupees.
3) If any member of the family included in the health care scheme falls ill due to a particular complex disease, then the government will provide health protection up to about three and a half lakh rupees for the treatment.
4) People under the Health care Scheme will have the opportunity to receive free medicine, food, examination, and hospital services at the time of illness.
5) Under this Scheme, if a patient has to be hospitalized due to a complex disease, then there are some more benefits. Patients will be given free medicine for five days before admission and discharge from the hospital.
In addition, the government will provide an additional Rs. 200/- under the Scheme program for travel expenses to and from the hospital.
Who will benefit from the Swasthya Sathi Scheme?
1) To avail of the benefits of the ‘Swasthya Sathi’ scheme, the applicant and his family must be residents of West Bengal. In that case, whether the person is rich or poor or how much his monthly income, will not be seen. Only if he is a resident of this state.
2) Everyone can apply for government health insurance through a health care card. There are no special earnings conditions or obligations for obtaining a Card.
3) Applicants can be security personnel, home guards, ICDS personnel, and assistants. In this case, Green Volunteers, Civil Defense Volunteers, Civic Volunteers, Village Volunteers, etc. can be applied in various fields.
4) The applicant may be a day laborer or self-employed group of day laborers, panchayat and rural development department, self-help group in the municipal area, hope worker, or honorary health worker.
6) All members of Tristar Panchayat and their families, part-time teachers, and educators of colleges and universities can apply for the Swasthya Sathi Scheme.
|Official Site||Click Here|
|WBGOV Home||Click Here|