SC, ST, and OBC Scholarships are a unique type of scholarship provided by the State Government to assist students belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribe,s and Other Backward Classes of West Bengal to continue their studies at different levels.
|Name of the Scholarship||OASIS Scholarship, West Bengal|
|Beneficiary||Students of West Bengal|
|Purpose||To help students of West Bengal for higher education.|
The benefits of these scholarships accrue to the students every year. The proceeds of these scholarships are sponsored by the Central Government of India and distributed by the State Government.
In our today’s event, we are going to discuss the scholarship in detail and also come to know about the eligibility for applying and the whole procedure as Palace online status check. So please stay connected with us to know more about OASIS Scholarship.
Who can apply for OASIS Scholarship for ST, SC & OBC?
- Applicants must be permanent residents of West Bengal.
- Only students belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribe,s and Other Backward Classes are eligible for this scholarship.
- Students applying for this scholarship are required to have a national certificate.
- The annual family income of the student should be less than Rs. 2.5 lakhs for SC and ST and less than Rs. 1 lakhs for OBCs.
- Applicants must have running in studies.
- Scholarships are offered to all students from first grade (I) to postgraduate (P.G) classeOBC.
Scholarship Amount of OASIS Scholarship for ST, SC & OBC: –
This scholarship is usually awarded to students based on the class they are studying each year.
1. teacher (for students from school)
|V Rs 500 / – once a year|
|VI Rs 650 / – once a year|
|VII Rs.700 / – once a year|
|VIII Rs 800 / – per year for students studying from Sikshashri Hostel I – X Rs 750 / – per month|
2. Merit Scholarship
|V – VI Rs100 / – per month|
|VII-VIII Rs 125 / – per month|
|IX – X Rs 150 / – per month|
|IX-XII Rs 400 / – per month|
3. Pre-Matric Scholarships (for students from school)
|IX – X Rs 700 / – once per year Pre-Matric Scholarship (for students studying from the hostel)|
|IX – X Rs 1000 / – once a year 4 posts – Matric Scholarship (for students from school)|
|XI – XII Rs 3,600 / – once a year|
|Graduation (Honors) Rs 5,400 / – once a year|
|Graduation (Pass) Rs 4,800 / – once a year Post|
|Graduation Rs 6,600 / – once a year Post-Matric Scholarship (for students studying from the hostel)|
OASIS Scholarship for ST, SC & OBC Application Process:
All online applications for SC, ST, and OBC Scholarships have been submitted to Oasis Portal. Students must first apply online to receive these scholarships. There are usually two ways to apply, namely –
1. New Scholarship
2. Renew Scholarship.
The whole process of how students apply online is described in the following steps.
Important Documents For OASIS Scholarship New Applicant:
- Aadhaar card
- Caste Certificate
- Mobile number
- Bank passbook
- Admission Receipt
- Markshit of the previous year’s examination
- Passport size photo
Documents For Renew OASIS Scholarship:
- Receipt copy of previous year’s acknowledgment,
- Aadhaar card,
- Mobile number,
- Admission Receipt,
- Markshit of the previous year’s exam.
Application Process for OASIS Scholarship:
For New Scholarship Applications
Step 1: Go to Google and log in to www.oasis.gov.in.
Step 2: Click on the STUDENTS’ REGISTRATION icon.
Step 3: Then select the district in which you live. E.g. – KOLKATA.
Step 4: Then register your mobile number which will be completed by an OTP.
Step 5: Then a form will open for you, whose complete information will be filled incorrectly. For example – details of caste certificate and initial details of the student, etc. Once everything is filled out, verify once and submit the form by clicking the SUBMIT button.
Step 6: After submitting the form, a copy of the form and acknowledgment will be issued at the end which will be downloaded and printed. This is where your online application process ends, but if you do just that, you won’t get paid.
Last step: You will then need to have the printed form sealed and signed by the School / College / University and submit the Xerox copy of the documents provided in the form to B.D.O or D.M.
Process for Renew OASIS Scholarship:
Step 1: Go to Google and log in to www.oasis.gov.in.
Step 2: Click on the RENEW SCHOLARSHIP icon.
Step 3: Then provide your User Id and Password which you will get from your previous year’s acknowledgment receipt copy. If you have forgotten your password, you can change it by going to the Forgot Password option.
Step 4: After providing your User Id and Password, a form will open, fill in the complete information correctly. Such as – the date of admission in the current class and the number obtained in the last examination, etc. Once everything is filled out, verify once and submit the form by clicking the SUBMIT button.
Step 5: After submitting the form, a copy of the form and acknowledgment will be issued at the end which will be downloaded and printed.
Last step: Since you received this scholarship last year, you must know that you have to submit the printed form to the B.D.O or D.M.
After the completion of the entire process of your scholarship, you will receive a message from the D.M. office on your registered mobile number, after which you will receive the money in the bank account provided at the time of filling up your form.
How to do OASIS Scholarship Status Check?
1. To check the status of your OASIS Scholarship, you need to follow the procedure given below.
2. Search for OASIS Scholarship in your browser or click on the link provided (https://oasis.gov.in/apps/portal/students/track_status.bcw).
3. You will get an option called Track an application. Click on that option
4. On the next page, the names of different districts will appear. Click on the district in which you live from the list and click with the OK button.
5. Then the Status of Track Application will open in front of you. In this window, you have to provide your Application ID or User ID, District Name, Session, and Captcha Code. After providing the details properly, click on Check Status.
6. In the next tap, you will see the status of your application and other important information.
Hopefully, this article will be very important for the students who are continuing their regular studies in SC, ST, and OBC cast. We discuss SC, ST, and OBC Scholarships in detail here today which is a must-read article at the end. I can claim that after reading this, you may not have to know about it later.