The West Bengal government has launched a special scholarship scheme for the students of the minority community living in West Bengal. According to the Scheme, financial assistance was provided for the education of students from Muslim, Christian, Buddhist, and Sikh communities.
|Name of the Scholarship||Aikyashree Scholarship|
|Beneficiary||Students of the minority community of West Bengal|
|Purpose||To help minority students of West Bengal for higher education.|
The name of that Scheme of the West Bengal government is the Aikyashree Scheme. One of the objectives of the Scheme is to increase the rate of education among minorities and bring school dropouts back into the field of education.
Aikyashree scholarship 2023
After Kanyashree, Yubashree, this time the new initiative of the West Bengal government is the Aikyashree Scholarship. It is a scholarship scheme for minority students in the state where special scholarships will be given to minority students in the state (Buddhist, Christian, Jain, Persian, Muslim, and Sikh).
Let’s take a look at the details of this scheme. Under this Scheme, there are basically three types of scholarships which are
1. Pre-Matric Scholarship (1st to 10th class) The requirements for applying for this scholarship are – The student must be a student of 1st to 10th class in a recognized institution of the West Bengal government. Scholarships ranging from Rs. 100 to Rs. 11,000 / – will be given.
2. Post Matric Scholarship (From Class XI to Ph.D. Course) The requirements for applying for this scholarship are – The student must be a student of Higher Secondary, ITI, Diploma, Bachelor, Post Graduate, M.Phil or B.Ed, etc. from a recognized institution of the West Bengal Government.
The maximum annual income of the applicant’s family should be up to Rs. 2 lakhs. Scholarships will be given up to Rs. 18,500 per annum subject to actual cost.
3. Merit cum Means Scholarship The following are the requirements for applying for this scholarship: – As a permanent resident of West Bengal, all the students are pursuing undergraduate, postgraduate, and professional courses from recognized institutes of the Government of West Bengal.
Bengali students from outside West Bengal who are studying in listed institutes like IIT, IIM, NIT, NIFT, IIFT. The upper limit of the applicant’s annual income will be up to 2.5 lakhs. In this case, students will be given scholarships. The names of the listed organizations can be found on the online site.
Purpose of the Aikyashree Scheme?
There are three main reasons for launching this Scheme:
Many in the minority community drop out of school because of economic problems. As a result, the number of school dropouts increases. The purpose of providing pre-matric scholarships is to reduce the number of school dropouts.
Post-matric scholarships are primarily awarded for higher education. In this case, the objective of the state government is not to deprive the students of any minority community of higher education due to a lack of funds.
The purpose of the Merit Come Men’s Scholarship is to make the students of the minority community workable by taking a professional course.
Benefits of the Aikyashree Scholarship
1. Applicant must be a permanent resident of West Bengal.
2. Only those who are currently studying are eligible to apply.
3. To apply for this scheme, the applicant has to get at least 50 percent marks.
4. For those who will apply from first class to twelfth, the family income should be two lakh rupees. And for those who will apply at the undergraduate level, the family income should be two and a half lakh rupees.
Students of which community will get benefit from Aikyashree?
Minority students will benefit from this Scheme. Not just Muslims. The scholarship has been introduced for all students belonging to Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Buddhist, and Jain communities in the notification of the Government of West Bengal regarding Unity.
Those who are studying from home, as well as those who are studying from a school or college hostel, will get the benefit of this Scheme.
What qualifications are required to avail of the benefits of the Scheme?
Applicant must be a permanent resident of West Bengal.
Only those who are currently studying are eligible to apply.
To apply for this scheme, the applicant has to get at least 50 percent marks.
For those who will apply from first-class to twelfth, the family income should be two lakh rupees. And for those who will apply at the undergraduate level, the family income should be two and a half lakh rupees.
The applicant has to go to the educational institution regularly.
How to apply?
(Duare Sarkar) Applications for the Aikyashree Scheme can be applied online or offline. In case of offline, the applicant has to fill up the form and submit it to the local administrative office. The form can also be submitted at the government camp at the door (Duare Sarkar) in the local area.
How to apply online-
A specific portal has been created for the Aikyasree Scheme on behalf of the state government. The web address of that web portal is – https://wbmdfcscholarship.org/
Step 1 – First go to https://wbmdfcscholarship.org/ website. There are many options on the home screen. These include 1) State Area 2) District Area, 3) Student Area 4) Institute Area, and a few other options.
Step 2 – Click on the Student Area option. If an applicant wants to enter the student area directly, he/she has to click https://wbmdfcscholarship.org/.
Step 3 – After that, the page that opens will see many options. It includes 1) Fresh registration 2) Renew application 3) Registered student log-in etc. Since first-time applicants will have to register themselves, the Fresh Registration option has to be clicked.
3) After clicking there a new window will open. Where all the districts of the state will have names. The applicant has to select the district to which he wants to apply.
4) Then a new page will open. Where name, father’s name, mother’s name, and bank details will be asked. Once the form is filled up and submitted, another new page will open. There is also a form.
5) In that form you have to give all the information including educational qualification, name, and the number of the educational institution. And then the registration will be completed by clicking on submit option.
After the registration process is completed, the registration number will be sent to the phone. The password will also be sent. Applicants can log in using that ID and password. And if there is any mistake in all the information in his application or if he wants to give any new information, he can give it.
A few important guidelines
The government of West Bengal has issued some urgent guidelines in this regard. Only permanent residents of West Bengal can apply. Students have to get at least 50 percent marks in the final exam. However, this does not apply to first class. A student can get a scholarship from only one institution. Only one mobile number can be used for registration.
In the case of the Pre-Matric Scholarship, a maximum of two applications from one mobile number will be accepted. After applying online, the applicant is required to submit a printout of the application form to the concerned institution along with a photocopy of the bank passbook so that the account number and this FFC code remain clear.
Students who have received scholarships in 2019-20 can only apply for renewal.