For youth employment Deen Dayal Upadhyay Grameen Kaushalya Yojana(DDU-GKY) has been launched on 25-September-2014. The objective of this scheme of the Center is to provide employment to poor rural youth at a wage equal to or above the minimal wage fixed by the government.
The government goals to make greater than 5.5 crore rural youth efficient by DDU-GKY and then provide employment.
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana Overview
Name of the scheme
|Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana|
|PM Narendra Modi|
|To provide employment to poor rural youth|
- What are the objectives of DDU-GKY?
- What are the benefits of DDU-GKY?
- How much stake in DDU-GKY?
- How does DDU-GKY work?
- How much does DDU-GKY help?
- Special options of Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU – GKY)
- Deendayal Upadhyaya Rural Skills Scheme Approach
- Eligibility for Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU – GKY)
- How to apply for DDU – GKY?
- Address of Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU – GKY)
What are the objectives of DDU-GKY?
The main goal of this scheme is to develop the skills of 15–35-year-old youth in rural areas and make them employable. With the event of ability and getting employment alternatives after that, the economic condition of the youth will improve.
What are the benefits of DDU-GKY?
• Progress in career of youth by providing necessary training
• Enabling poor and marginalized people for their growth
• Reduce migration from rural areas
• Ensuring maximum access to employment
How much stake in DDU-GKY?
DDU-GKY goals to cover the socially deprived group. It goals to ensure complete social inclusion of candidates. 50% of the funds allocated for this scheme has been earmarked for Scheduled Caste-Tribe, 15% for Minorities and 3% for Persons with Disabilities.
In such skill program, one-third of the number of youth has been kept of women.
A special scheme known as Himayat has been started for the regional youth of Jammu and Kashmir. It is working under the state ADSP by the Union Ministry of Rural Development. Urban, rural youth and below poverty line (BPL) and above poverty line (APL) youth have also been included on this.
A special scheme for tribal areas and important Left Wing Extremism (LWE) affected districts has been launched. This scheme provides skillful training to the youth according to different time intervals.
How does DDU-GKY work?
DDU-GKY is a 3 level action plan. The DDU-GKY National Unit works under the Ministry of Rural Improvement as a coverage formulation, technical help and working company. State missions related to DDU-GKY assist in its functioning. The companies concerned in the project help in skilling and placement.
How much does DDU-GKY help?
Monetary assistance ranging from Rs 25,696 to Rs 1 lakh per person might be provided in the ability development program under DDU-GKY. It actually depends on the duration of the venture and the type of training scheme (residential or non-residential).
DDU-GKY gives financial help for training ranging from 576 hours (3 months) to 2,304 hours (12 months).
Priority is given to PIAs providing the following for funding projects:
1. Foreign Placement
2. Captive employment: PIAs or organizations that are coaching skills to satisfy internal human useful resource needs
3. Trade Internship: Support for internship with co-funding from industry
4. Champion Employer: PIA who can guarantee ability training and placement for a minimal number of 10,000 DDU-GKY trainees over a period of two years
5. Extremely reputed instructional institutions: Institutes with minimal 3.5 grading from Nationwide Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), community colleges funded by College Grants Commission (UGC) or All India Council for Technical Training who are keen on DDU-GKY projects.
Special options of Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU – GKY)
1. The scheme is part of the Nationwide Rural Livelihoods Mission National Rural Livelihoods Mission (NRLM). 550 lakh rural unemployed will get advantages through this scheme.
2. This scheme guarantees jobs to at least 75% of educated unemployed.
3. SC / ST 50%, ladies 33%, minority 15% have been included in this scheme.
4. Under this scheme, the villagers are given ability development coaching without any caste discrimination in order that they can increase their income.
5. In this scheme, individuals are given regular wage work. This scheme aims to offer permanent employment to villagers.
6. The scheme enhances the efficiency of the villagers. They are taught new sorts of skills, in order that they can improve their income and lead a happy life.
7. The federal government’s intention is to create a robust community by beginning this scheme in order that the demographic surplus can profit.
8. The scheme gives monetary help to projects of coaching length ranging from 576 hours (3 months) to 2,304 hours (12 months).
9. The scheme gives grants for more than 250 commerce sectors such as gems and jewelery, pipeline, electrical energy, leather, automotive, construction, health, hospitality, retail trade.
Deendayal Upadhyaya Rural Skills Scheme Approach
1. Change in prominence – training to career progression
2. To allow poor and marginalized folks to profit from development
3. Reducing the pain of migration when migration is inevitable
4. Proactive strategy to building partnerships
5. Monitoring of enter and output – where the main focus is on placement ie output
6. It enables states to take full possession of DDU-GKY initiatives. It has been decided that no extra Multi State Projects (MSPs) might be considered.
7. State Authorities Chief Assessor – From Single State Project (SSP) to Annual Action Plans (ASP)
8. Enhancing the capability of Challenge Implementing Agencies (PIAs)
9. Consent and state share is mandatory
Eligibility for Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU – GKY)
1. Rural youth are chosen for this scheme. They should be 15 to 35 years old
2. The maximum age of SC / ST / Ladies / PVTG / PWD should be up to 45 years.
Paperwork required for Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU – GKY)
1. Aadhaar Card
2. Voter ID
3. PAN card
4. Passport Dimension Photo
5. E mail ID
6. Cell Number
How to apply for DDU – GKY?
1. Click on http://ddugky.gov.in/apply-now.
2. All data like title, address, state name, district, e-mail ID, identity card like Aadhaar / PAN card / Voter ID, cellular number, work, sector, captcha will also be crammed after importing photo of identification card. After that your registration for Deendayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushal Yojana might be done.
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana website official website of Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU – GKY)
Address of Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU – GKY)
Rural Skills Division,
Ministry of Rural Development,
seventh Floor, NDCC-II Building,
Jai Singh Road, New Delhi-110001
Office Time: 9:30 A.M. -5: 30 P.M.