What is the water life greenery scheme? Jal Jeevan Hariyali Yojana
All people are aware that a tree absorbs 20 kg of dust in a yr. A tree releases 700kg oxygen & absorbs 20,000 kg of carbon-dioxide. In summertime, a tree has a temperature of about 4 degrees below normal.
Therefore, the Jal Jeevan Hariyali Yojana was launched in the state of Bihar to increase environmental balance, adequate water, and green cover. Under this scheme, rainwater has to be stored in the pond and weir so that crops can be irrigated. Subsidy on water Jal Jeevan Hariyali Yojana
Eligibility for Jal Jeevan Hariyali Yojana
- Individual class includes farmers who want to irrigate at least one acre of land.
- Collective category includes farmers with landholding less than one acre.
- In addition, farmers who wish to take advantage of this scheme together in more than 5 hectares of land will be given subsidy as per 100% real cost.
- Along with this, livelihood groups and FPOs.
Selection in Jal Jeevan Hariyali Yojana
- One acre farm has been considered as one unit in this scheme.
- 5 fashions of water harvesting are identified by the Department of Agriculture. Such as ponds, ahar-pine blows, planting of saplings, rainwater harvesting, and water supply of rivers where there is drought.
- One in all which model might be made by farmers at their own will.
Application in Jal Jeevan Hariyali Yojana
In this scheme, farmers will be able to select the model themselves. Farmers can register through the portal of the Division of Agriculture. For extra particulars of the scheme go to click here.
Particular features of Bihar Jal Jeevan Hariyali Yojana
- In three years till 2022, Rs. 24 thousand 524 crores will be spent on Jal Jeevan Hariyali Yojana.
- Jal Jeevan Hariyali Mission has been formed to complete the plan on a mission mode. This scheme is for all the blocks and panchayats.
- Under the MNREGA campaign in the final two years, 1 crore saplings were planted.
- Together with the Department of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, about 1 crore 25 lakh saplings were planted in 2019-20.
- Rainwater harvesting shall be done for water storage in Chapakal, Kuan, Government building.
- Test dams will be constructed in small rivers, drains, and hilly areas.
- Alternative sources of energy such as solar power, CNG, etc. shall be encouraged.
- To reduce environmental pollution, farmers shall be made aware to prevent stubble burning.
- There is a provision of 75 to 80 % subsidy on stubble management for farmers.
Year-wise expenditure on Bihar Jal Jeevan Hariyali Yojana
2019-20 – 5870 Crore
2012-21 -9874 Crore
2021-22 – 8780 Crore
On the Jal Jeevan Hariyali Yojana, the Bihar government gives a subsidy of Rs 75,500 to the farmers so that the farmers can irrigate the khech from ground water.
The Agriculture Department of Bihar is trying to get the benefit of Jal-Jeevan Hariyali Yojana to the farmers. Bihar Agriculture Department has sought applications from farmers under the scheme. Farmers of all districts of Bihar can apply under this scheme.