The Animal Resources Development Department, headed by the Government of West Bengal, carries out various functions. Through this department, the State Government of West Bengal seeks to ensure economic development and employment of the rural population by utilizing the livestock of the State.
The West Bengal Animal Resources Development Department has its own website with the help of which the department is able to disseminate information to the general public.
In today’s program, we will discuss the Animal Resources Development Department of the State of West Bengal. We will know about the functions of this department and the website.
|Name of the Department
|Animal Resources Development Department, West Bengal
|Animal Resources Development, Production, and Marketing in West Bengal
|To provide support and development about Animal Resources of West Bengal.
Animal Resources Development Department of West Bengal
The Government of West Bengal works closely with various departments to make its various services available to the people and to ensure proper implementation and management of these services.
It is one of the various departments of the State Government of West Bengal. West Bengal is a major agricultural economy. The economy of this country is largely dependent on agriculture and animal husbandry.
However, due to the growing industrialization and capital-intensive economy, people in rural areas can no longer work in agriculture as before. Animal husbandry has also declined a lot.
The Government of West Bengal, through its Animal Resources Development Department, regulates animal husbandry and all other matters.
Objectives and Goals
At present, the demand for various dairy products and meat is increasing at a growing rate. But as a result of gradual urbanization, the amount of land is now declining.
Thus, the farmers of rural farms were the biggest source of animal husbandry, they can no longer keep animals as before. At present, the main objective of this department in the state of West Bengal is to provide farming to the rural population and to provide them with employment.
Rural women have been the hardest hit by the declining employment rate. They could have become financially well-off by raising small businesses, which is actually animal husbandry.
Through this department, the state government of West Bengal has focused on the empowerment of all women. This department is engaged in the work of converting animals into resources through the natural development of animal breeds, increasing opportunities for animal husbandry, and the establishment of farming.
The department also looks at the issues of achieving economic growth through increasing animal husbandry. As a result, it can be said without any doubt that it is one of the most important departments in West Bengal.
Summary of Animal Resources Development department activities
The department is the resource management department. It works for converting animals into resources. So it can be easily identified that the department has multipurpose activities. Below with discuss some short notes on the department’s activities. Let’s have a look at this.
1. Artificial Breeding – Aim to increase milk production for cattle and buffaloes through breed up-gradation and cross-breeding by government centers, and animal husbandry.
2. Animal health care up to GP level – treatment and vaccination of various livestock animals, disease investigation and control at the village level, and organization of health camps.
3. Increase animal production – Cultivation, conservation, and feeding technology and supply of improved varieties of seeds, cuttings, root slips, etc.
4. Production and supply of live inputs – management of district compound farms, organization of private sector breeding farms, and procurement from outsourcing.
5. Implementation of various benefit-oriented projects – Implementation of special projects under all ARD schemes and additional departmental integration (state and centrally sponsored) self-employment and poverty alleviation programs under the department.
6. Organization of three-level training programs – district level, block level, and GP level.
7. Organization of Marketing Network – Milk Cooperative Society, Livestock Cooperative Marketing Society, Processing Plants, and Sales Centers.
8. Publicity – Exhibitions, Animal Resources Fairs, Live Shows, Reading Materials, Media Broadcasting, etc.
Website and functions of the Animal Resources Development Department
The Animal Resources Development Department has its own website. Through this web portal, the department can independently communicate its functions to the general public. The website is www.wbard.gov.in.
Functions of the website
1. Provide a basic idea about the category:
The website homepage has been designed with a basic idea about the department. In other words, a general idea about the animal resources development department of the state of West Bengal can be found by looking at the website.
2. Activity information:
Another purpose of this website is to make the activities of the Development Department and to provide all the information to the general public. This website has a section called Acts and Rules through which people can know all the information.
3. Information about trainers:
Another function of this website is to provide information about the trainers hired by the Animal Resources Development Department. It also published the circular of trainers, registration form, and all other information regarding this field from time to time.
4. Contact Information:
It is possible to maintain direct contact with the Development Department through this website. In addition, this department provides all the communication information of the Animal Resources Development Department.
5. Plan and Projects:
The department also informs about the plan of the project The Government of West Bengal is running a project called animal resources and Dairy under this department. Through the website, one can know about the schemes and projects in this field.
The Animal Resources Development Department is one of the government departments in the state of West Bengal. It currently oversees all matters related to animal husbandry in the state.
The department has its own website which has made detailed information within the reach of the people.