What is the UJALA Scheme?
This system is being implemented by Energy Efficiency Services Limited-EESL, a joint public sector undertaking of the Ministry of Energy. It is to be noted that the LED based mostly Domestic Efficiency Lighting Program (DELP) has been named ‘Ujala’.
Pradhan Mantri Ujala Yojana Overview
Name of the scheme
|Pradhan Mantri Ujala Yojana
|Energy Efficiency Services Limited-EESL
|Ministry of Energy
|People who are outside the income tax slab
|Electrical energy consumption within the nation could be lowered
|1 May 2016
|Reduction of Rs. 13,346 crore
Why is this effort important?
• The huge network of these retail outlets will assist EESL to reach the market and supply energy-efficient equipment.
• Successful implementation of this scheme has led to a reduction of Rs. 13,346 crore (estimated) within the invoice of consumers every year. This has reduced carbon dioxide emissions by about 27 million tonnes per year.
• In actual fact, the three oil advertising and marketing corporations, Indian Oil, Hindustan Petroleum and Bharat Petroleum have an enormous network of 54,500 retail outlets throughout the nation.
• These gross sales centers cater to the rising gas needs as well as provide different services such as ATMs, service stations, convenience stores and PUCs.
Ujala scheme objective
The scheme goals to promote the usage of LED bulbs throughout the nation. In order that the electrical energy consumption within the nation could be lowered and the electrical energy can be utilized in different areas like agricultural irrigation, manufacturing unit and many others. for the progress of the nation. Profitable implementation of this scheme may also assist in attaining the aim of offering 24 hours energy to every family by the government.
Features of Ujala Scheme
1. Under this scheme, the usage of LED bulbs will reduce energy consumption and the amount of carbon emitted from excessive energy consumption will also be lowered. Which may also defend the environment.
2. Under this scheme, the government is giving subsidy on these bulbs at the price of LED bulbs with a guarantee of 2.5 -Three years due to which LED bulbs might be available at 40% less than the market worth.
3. The purpose of subsidizing beneath this scheme is to promote the usage of LED bulbs.
4. This scheme aims to make the countrymen conscious to reduce energy consumption.
Benefits of Ujala scheme
1. Electrical equipment could be bought on MRP under UJALA scheme via authorities appointed csc (common service center) digital service portal.
2. Under this scheme at the least 50 LED bulbs, 20 tube lights and Four ceiling followers could be bought at a cheaper worth. To purchase these units, you’ll have to order on the nearest csc (common service middle).
Paperwork required for application in UJALA Scheme
Electricity address or telephone bill could be given as proof of house address.
Process of application in this scheme
To use under the Ujala scheme, you possibly can obtain the official web site form or contact the ability home (energy home) of your space. For extra data regarding this scheme, you possibly can contact the government appointed csc (common service center).
Benefits from UJALA Scheme
• These bulbs of superior quality are additionally given a three-year Free Replacement Warranty.
• The UJALA scheme being applied by EESL has been widely accepted in rural and concrete areas of the nation. The main cause for this being accepted on a big scale is the ability to offer good illumination regardless of the low power consumption of LED bulbs.
• Also it is going to be used by all sections of the society as the value of LED bulb distributed under UJALA scheme is one-third of its market value.
• Ujala will not only help consumers keep down their electrical energy bills, however may also contribute to power conservation in the nation.
• The UJALA program is being monitored nationally in a clear method. The use of LED bulbs may also defend the environment.
• In addition to saving electrical energy for the unit, the day by day emission of carbon-dioxide might be lowered.