West Bengal Gitanjali Housing Scheme Registration at wbhousing.gov.in WB Gitanjali Awas Yojana Online application, Documents, and Registration. WB Gitanjali Housing Scheme news, and latest updates here. Get WB Gitanjali Awas Yojana details from here.
The Gitanjali Housing Scheme or Gitanjali Awas Yojana is a developmental program run by the West Bengal State Government under which the state government has given the opportunity to the homeless to build houses. In fact, everyone dreams of owning a home.
So that is why Mamata Banerjee the west Bengal government started the Scheme. Under this Scheme, various activities are being carried out, including the return of land to the farmers, provision of housing for the homeless, and development and related development of the North-South corridor.
What is Gitanjali Housing Scheme 2023?
The name of the housing scheme Scheme run by the West Bengal State Government is Gitanjali. Under this Scheme, the West Bengal State Government will provide all assistance for the construction of houses for the homeless.
In fact, the predecessor of the Gitanjali Housing Scheme is the ‘Amar Thikana Scheme’. In fact, the Scheme was canceled in 2014 and was replaced by the Gitanjali Housing Scheme of the West Bengal State Government.
In fact, the Gitanjali Housing Scheme has two major parts. One is the housing Scheme for the urban population and the other is the housing scheme for the rural population. The state government of West Bengal will build a shelter for the homeless people in the city.
Besides, the West Bengal state government has returned the lands of the farmers who were deprived of their land under the Gitanjali Housing Scheme. The state government is providing subsidies under the Gitanjali Housing Scheme for road repairs in the North-South corridor.
|Name of the scheme||Gitanjali Housing Scheme, West Bengal|
|Department||West Bengal Housing Department|
|Launched By||CM Mamata Banerjee|
|Purpose||To provide housing for homeless people in West Bengal.|
Initially, the entire responsibility of the Gitanjali Housing Scheme rests with the Housing Department, which has been helping homeless people across the state to build houses. The Gitanjali Housing Scheme can be compared to the central government’s Indira Aabasan Yojana.
Purpose of the Gitanjali Housing Scheme 2023:
Since being elected as the Chief Minister of West Bengal in 2011, Mamata Banerjee has been working for the fulfillment of various basic rights of the people of the state. The main objective of this Scheme is to provide housing for homeless people. In fact, like food and clothing, home is one of the basic needs of people.
But unfortunately, millions of people in West Bengal are still homeless. Those who have their own land but cannot afford to build houses. The main objective of this Scheme is to provide housing to all these people.
In addition, many people become homeless every year due to floods and river erosion in West Bengal. One of the objectives of the Gitanjali Housing Scheme is to provide rehabilitation for them.
Benefits of Gitanjali Housing Scheme 2023:
Now let’s see what the benefits of the Gitanjali Housing Scheme are run by the West Bengal State Government. The benefits of the Gitanjali Housing Scheme are also multifaceted as it is related to multifaceted development.
1. Those who have land but do not have money to build a house can build a house under this Scheme.
2. Under this Scheme, homeless people in the city will be able to build shelters for themselves.
3. Under this Scheme, rural people who are homeless due to financial weakness will get help from the state government to build houses.
4. Those who have become homeless due to various natural causes including river erosion and floods will be able to build houses through state government subsidies.
5. Besides, the lost land of the farmers has been returned to them under this Scheme. In this way, the farmers can cultivate the land again and live happily.
6. Under the Gitanjali Housing Scheme, the West Bengal state government will provide about 5 lakh houses. Those who are homeless will be able to get these houses.
Who will come under Gitanjali Scheme?
Gitanjali is the name of the Scheme that gives homeless people the opportunity to stay at home. So let’s not know who will get the benefit of this Scheme. First of all, all permanent citizens living in West Bengal can be covered under this scheme.
However, in this case, they must have land to build a house. In addition, homeless people living in the city who are citizens of West Bengal can come under this scheme.
People who have become homeless due to floods or other natural calamities will be considered eligible for the Gitanjali Housing Scheme.
Documents for Gitanjali Housing Scheme 2023:
Now let’s find out what documents you will need to apply for the Gitanjali Housing Scheme.
1. To apply for Gitanjali Housing Scheme, the applicant must have an Aadhaar card.
2. The person must have a voter card to apply for the Gitanjali Housing Scheme.
3. To apply for Gitanjali Housing Scheme, the applicant must have 2 passport-size photographs.
4. Applicants must have an income certificate to apply for the Gitanjali Housing Scheme. This certificate can be obtained with the approval of Gram Panchayat or any government official.
5. If the applicant belongs to the BPL community or belongs to any other tribal group, he/she must have an ethnic certificate.
6. The applicant must have his own bank account. Because the housing money will come directly to the applicant’s bank account.
Where to contact?
The entire responsibility and activities of the Gitanjali Housing Scheme are vested in the Housing Department. However, the activities are conducted through specific officers in each district.
At the district level, a sub-divisional governor, SDO, and block development officer BDO conduct the entire activities of the Scheme. In this case, the office can be contacted for the Scheme. In addition, a district governor and additional district governor supervise the work in each district.
Gitanjali Scheme Registration 2023
If you are considered eligible for the Gitanjali Housing Scheme, you can apply online for the benefits of this Scheme.
There was no official portal for applying online but If government provides Gitanjali Housing Scheme Online Registration Then from there, you have to select Gitanjali Awas Yojana and press the registration button.
Then a form will come in front of you. You have to fill in the required information on this site.
However, make sure that the information you have filled in is correct. Then you need to attach the necessary documents and submit them carefully.
The housing money received under the Gitanjali Housing Scheme will go directly to the bank account. However, in this case, the housing money can come in different installments.