Digit Corona Insurance: The insurance company Digit has launched the first insurance policy covering coronavirus. The sum assured in this cash benefit policy is between Rs 25,000 and Rs 2 lakh. The premium for this starts at Rs 299.
Digit is a Bangalore-based startup insurance company. If the policyholder is admitted to the hospital after being infected with the coronavirus, then he will be paid the entire sum assured.
In case of quarantine (keeping aside), 50 % of the sum insured (Sum Insured) will be available.
|Type of Insurance
If the policyholder is admitted to the hospital after being infected with the coronavirus, then he will be paid the entire sum assured. In case of quarantine (keeping aside), 50 % of the sum insured (Sum Insured) will be available.
The condition for quarantine is that the policyholder is admitted to the military or authorities’ hospital. The recruitment period should be at least 14 days. The claim will be paid only after the confirmation of coronavirus infection by the registered medical practitioner.
In this, an investigation by the authorized laboratory (National Institute of Virology, Pune) found Corona to be positive.
As well as, the insured needs to be healthy. The coverage holder and his family members haven’t been to China, Japan, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Macau, Italy, Iran, Bahrain, Kuwait, and Taiwan since December 1, 2019. Digit is the first firm to offer such a cover.
Coronavirus is spreading rapidly in the nation and the world. Till now hundreds of people have died from it. The whole world is busy controlling this infection. It’s a different matter that they haven’t yet achieved any concrete success.
Digit Corona Insurance Highlights
• Passengers can go for the insurance cover ranging between Rs 50,000 to Rs 3,00,000 at a premium starting from Rs 443 to Rs 1564 a yr (including GST).
• Covers hospitals(private, government, army), tests, medication & consultations as recognized by the Government upon testing positive for COVID-19
• Offers No limit on ICU or room lease charges until the insured sum lasts
Digit Corona Insurance policy will not cover the following:
• Government of India as relevant on the date of policy buy, since 60 days prior to the policy inception date and any time after the policy inception date.
• The preliminary waiting period of 15 days. For the pre-existing illness or Particular illness, Waiting Period is 4 years & 2 years respectively
• Insured Member(s) is/are not suffering/suffered from diabetes, hypertension, illness related to heart/lungs/kidney/liver, cancer, stroke or any condition that needs ongoing treatment or the insured members(s) is/are due for any medical treatment, on the time of buying this policy