e-SHRAM portal: The Center has launched an e-SHRAM portal for approximately 36 crore unorganized workers. Work has already started in the country to register the names and information of the workers to get the benefit of it.
The center has informed us that the workers will get multiple benefits if they have an e-SHRAM card. Through this e-portal, workers from unorganized sectors of the country like construction workers, migrant workers, hawkers, and servants will be brought under various social security schemes.
During the inauguration of the portal, Union Labor Minister Bhupendra Yadav said that with the help of this portal, many unorganized workers will be given the benefit of government schemes.
|Name of the scheme||Pradhan Mantri e Shram Card Yojana, India|
|Managed By||Government of India|
|Beneficiary||People of India|
|Launched By||PM Narendra Modi|
|Purpose||To provide Accidental medical insurance to unorganized workers of India.|
This is the first time in the country that a system has been introduced that will link workers directly with the central government.
What is the e-SHRAM Portal?
Everyone needs insurance. But due to low income, lack of awareness, etc., many people do not get insurance. So the Central Ministry of Labor arranged free insurance for them. Workers earning less than fifteen thousand rupees will get the benefit of this.
This will allow you to be free from the worry of cost in case of an accident or illness. This facility is also easy to get. For this, you have to register in the e-labor portal. Not only that, if the workers of the unorganized sector are registered, they will be entitled to insurance of two lakh rupees in case of an accident.
At the same time, his family will be included in the Ayushman project. This will provide health protection up to five lakh rupees annually. Not only that, but the cost of treatment will also match any infection like a corona.
With the help of this portal, many unorganized workers will be given the benefit of government schemes. This is the first time the country has introduced a system that will link workers directly with the central government.
It is learned that the workers registered on the e-SHRAM portal will be given insurance of Rs. 2 lakh. If a worker is the victim of an accident, dies, or becomes completely disabled, Rs 2 lakh will be paid as insurance. And in case of partial disability in case of an accident, 1 lakh rupees will be paid as insurance.
Advantages of the e-SHRAM Portal
Here is some advantage of the e-SHRAM portal. Let’s have a look.
1) By registering their names in this new portal, you can get the benefit of day laborers, migrant workers, maid-servants, and sidewalk shopkeepers. Basically, a database of 36 crore unorganized sector workers will be created through this portal.
2) 14434 toll-free number has been given to the workers to register in this portal. If for some reason the workers are not able to register their names, the solution can be found in this number.
3) Workers can register on this portal with their Aadhaar card numbers and bank account details. To register here, you need to know the date of birth, mobile number, city, village, or social category.
4) Once the name is registered in this portal, the authority will give an e-SHRAM card. Where 12 specific numbers will be given on the card. This card will be useful in the social security scheme of the central government.
5) Universal Account Numbers will be considered acceptable all over the country.
6) In addition to unorganized field workers, BOCW workers, SHG members, housemaids, ASHA workers, Anganwari workers, sidewalk shopkeepers, rickshaw pullers, bricklayers, farm laborers, MNREGA workers, fishermen, six shopkeepers can add their names to the portal.
7) If a worker dies in an accident for any reason, the family will be given Rs 2 lakh. Besides, if the person becomes disabled in an accident, the same amount will be given by the government. However, if the person is partially physically disabled in the accident, the center will pay Rs 1 lakh.
Qualifications for registration in the portal
1) Must be unorganized workers. Such as – migrant workers, construction workers, gig workers, platform workers, fishermen, agricultural workers, cowherds, hope workers, Anganwadi workers, street peddlers, rickshaw pullers, etc. Also, workers in the organized sector are similarly associated with other professions.
2) Age: Must be between 18 to 59 years of age. (On application date)
3) Income: There is no upper-income limit. However, such unorganized workers are not eligible who pay income tax.
Registration for the e-SHRAM portal
For registration, you have to go to the government portal and register. For this, the mobile number must be associated with Aadhaar.
Those whose mobile numbers are not connected to their Aadhaar have to go to the nearest Common Service Center (CSC) for registration. This is because the registration of such employees will be done only through biometric authentication. CSC will print the e-SHRAM card on paper.
To register on the portal, first, go to https://www.eshram.gov.in Aadhaar number has to be submitted for registration. After this, all the information of the unorganized workers who already have a database will be seen automatically.
After that, you have to fill in the bank account information and other important information including your mobile number. If you want to update something after that, it can be done.
An e-labor card with the universal account number of the person concerned will be issued after registration. 14434 toll-free number has been introduced for more details.
Even the state governments of different states will be able to register their workers. Let’s learn the registration process through simple steps
1) First go to this site https://www.eshram.gov.in and log in to register.
2) Here “Register on e-Shram ”section.
3) Click here once https://register.eshram.gov.in/#/user/self the site will reach this place.
4) In case of registration on the e Shram Portal, the Aadhar number, Aadhar linked active mobile number, and bank account details have to be given in the portal.
5) The age of the worker applying for registration should be 18-59 years. No person above this will be enrolled.