Garib Kalyan Yojana: PM Narendra Modi addressed on 30 June 2020, announced till Now the extension of the Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana. During the critical lockdown period, according to the PIB “80 crores poor received 5 kg of wheat or rice and 1 kg of pulses for free each month.” He said that the expansion of the scheme would cost Rs 90,000 crore.
He also mentioned that timely lockdown and other choices saved millions of lives in the nation. As we have now entered the ‘Unlock 2’ phase, they’ve warned citizens to take precautions to maintain social distancing norms and break the spread of COVID-19
|Name of the scheme||Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana, India|
|Managed By||Government of India|
|Beneficiary||People of India|
|Launched By||PM Narendra Modi|
|Purpose||To provide food and money & subsidy to poor people of India.|
To deal with the Corona crisis, the Government of India announced the ‘Poor Welfare Package’ on March 26, 2020, so that no poor would starve at the time of lockdown and benefit the needy.
Under this, a relief package deal of Rs 1.70 lakh crore was introduced. The government’s Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana has proved to be useful during this difficult time. Let’s know this scheme and how to apply for it.
Various packages have been announced below the Self-Reliant India Campaign. Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has decided to proceed with the EPF support for trade and staff for the next three months i.e. till August.
Let us inform you here that below the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana, the central government had to provide 5 kg wheat or rice and 1 kg pulses of selection each month for the next three months (March, April, and May) to the 80 crores poor. Which has now been prolonged to the top of November.
The main goal of the announcement of the Poor Welfare Bundle is to assist the poorest people by giving them meals and cash of their fingers so that they don’t have to face difficulties in buying the necessary provides or items and assembling their important needs.
About Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana
Under this scheme, the government gave the people an opportunity to pay interest on their undisclosed earnings along with penalties. Disclosures under this may entice 50 % tax and penalty. The remaining 25 percent of the amount shall be deposited within the bank for four years, on which no interest shall be received.
According to the Corona Relief ‘Poor Welfare Bundle’ announced by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman:
Provision for opening bank branches.
There are about 3.5 crores registered staff in the welfare fund for building and different construction staff. Under this scheme, the central authorities have passed orders to use funds of Rs 31,000 crore to offer relief to the states.
Switch of cash to poor and migrants under PMGKY.
Round 80 crore individuals shall be lined below PMGKY (Meals Scheme). Under this, everybody will get 5-5 kg of wheat or rice in addition to what they’re already getting. It depends on whether he takes rice or wheat.
Considering the significance of protein in Corona’s disaster, the government may even present 1 kg of pulses of their choice to every family for the next three months. Now it has been elevated to the end of November.
- Medical insurance covers 50 lakh per health worker.
- By way of the PM-KISAN scheme, farmers are getting? 6000 every year. In April 2020, its first installment of Rs 2000 will be put into the account by the government. It’s estimated that about 8.69 crore farmers are expected to profit immediately.
- The government hopes that about 13.62 crore families shall be benefited from MNREGA. Under PMGKY, MNREGA wages shall be increased by Rs 20 from April 1, 2020. Every laborer will get a further good thing about Rs 2,000 yearly on account of improvement in wages under MNREGA.
Self-help groups: Ladies organized by 63 lakh self-help teams (SHGs) give necessary support to 85 crore families. Collateral-free loan restrictions will be increased from Rs 10 lakh to Rs 20 lakh.
- The population below the poverty line i.e. about Three crore households shall be given free LPG cylinders for three months.
- For the next three months, the Government of India can pay EPF contributions, to each staff, and employer (12% each). Primarily, this profit shall be given to corporations wherein less than 100 employees work and earn less than 15,000. Now it has also been prolonged for the next three extra months i.e. to make India self-sufficient by August. That’s 2500 crore EPF assistance for trade and staff for Three more months.
For all institutions with a liquidity assist of Rs 2,500 crore, EPF relief shall be provided to each employer and the worker – 12% contribution.
For the organized sector, the rules of the EPFO scheme shall be amended in order that employees shall be allowed to obtain a non-refundable advance of 75 % of the full amount from their accounts or a remuneration of three months, whichever is much less. Households of 4 crore workers registered below EPF can avail of this facility.
- Jan Dhan account holders who are about 40 crore girls will be given a form grace of Rs 500 per 30 days for the next three months to satisfy their family expenses. Individuals have begun getting advantages of the scheme from April 1, 2020.
Benefits of the Prime Minister’s ration subsidy scheme.
Under this scheme, all ration cardholders can avail and ration subsidy shall be supplied to about 80 crore beneficiaries of the nation. Within the nation, folks shall be given wheat on the fee of Rs. 2 per kg and rice on the fee of Rs. 3 per ration for 3 months
Candidates are not required to register for the benefits of the poor welfare scheme. The government has not issued any guide for this. When ration is out there, you should get in contact with your ration vendor, in some districts the government has begun the method of distribution. Those who should obtain money will come to their account through DBT mode.
So these are the Prime Minister’s Poor Welfare Bundle introduced for the poor and needy by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on the second day of lockdown, in order that each day salaried staff can get advantages to battle the economic system disaster.