The Lokprasar Scheme is a flagship Scheme run by Mamata Banerjee, the state government of West Bengal. The Scheme seeks to preserve the lost culture of Bengal and improve the living standards of folk artists.
In fact, Mamata Banerjee was elected the Chief Minister of West Bengal for the first time in 2011, ending a long The Left Front rule. Since then, efforts have been made to improve Bengal.
In a sense, all these Schemes are being conducted to improve the lives of all the people of West Bengal.
What is a the Lokprasar Scheme 2023?
The Lokprasar Scheme is a scheme run by the West Bengal state government to improve the living standards of Bengali folk artists. The Scheme is the brainchild of Mamata Banerjee.
Under this Scheme, the state government of West Bengal pays a monthly stipend to the folk artists involved in the folk art of Bengal.
In fact, Bengal has been rich in culture since time immemorial. It is a collection of various traditional things including Baul songs, Jari songs, and Torakata in Bengal. The new initiative of West Bengal to preserve all these folk cultures is the Lokprasar Prakalpa.
|Name of the scheme||Lokprasar Scheme, West Bengal|
|Department||West Bengal Culture Department|
|Launched By||CM Mamata Banerjee|
|Purpose||To Folk Music Artists in West Bengal.|
Purpose of the Lokprasar Scheme 2023:
The Scheme adopted by Mamata Banerjee to preserve the culture of West Bengal and the whole of Bengal is called Lokprasar Prakalpa. The purpose of this Scheme is multifaceted.
The first and foremost objective of the Lokprasar Scheme is to preserve the culture of Bengal. In fact, Bengal, rich in cultural heritage, is almost extinct today due to a lack of practice. No one practices culture in Bengal now.
The first and foremost reason for this is that the folk artists got a proper evaluation of the strength of modern culture. As a result, the state government of West Bengal has taken initiative through a folklore Scheme to preserve the culture of Bengal.
Secondly, the aim of the Lokprasar Scheme is to improve the living standards of the artists involved in the industry. The third objective of the Lokprasar Prakalpa is to spread the culture of Bengal.
To spread the light of Bengali culture among the new generation by practicing the neglected Bengal culture for a long time. Fourthly, one of the objectives of the Lokprasar Scheme is to maintain the culture of the various indigenous peoples and tribes of Bengal.
What is being done under the Lokprasar Scheme?
Let’s take a look at which words are given importance under the Lokprasar Scheme. That is, what kind of work is done by the departments associated with this Scheme?
1. Provides identity cards from every folk artist.
2. Pensions are provided to veterans and distressed artists.
3. Everyone is guaranteed a valid allowance for loco artists.
4. Minimum employment is provided by involving loco artists in assistant promotion work.
Advantages of the Lokprasar Schemes 2023:
The aims and objectives of the Lokprasar Scheme are multifaceted. As a result, there are a lot of benefits that will affect every person in Bengal. So let’s find out what are the benefits of the Lokprasar Scheme.
1. Under the Lokprasar Scheme, the culture of Bengal will be preserved and will be more appreciated. As a result, every person living in Bengal will be able to enjoy its original cultural taste. Besides, Bengali culture will be able to gain a lot of popularity in the world.
2. The state government will provide identity cards to loco artists under the Lokprasar Prakalpa. As a result, every folk artist in West Bengal will get their own status.
3. The West Bengal State Government has made arrangements to provide existing pensions under the Lokprasar Scheme which will make the life of folk artists easier.
4. Under this scheme, the state government will provide Rs.1000 / – per month to all folk artisans from the age of 18 to 60 years.
5. Under the Lokprasar Scheme, the state government will provide a monthly pension of Rs 1,000 to senior loco artists above 60 years of age.
6. The state government of Bengal also paid Rs. 1000 to the artists participating in the government publicity work under the publicity Scheme.
Who can apply?
Every permanent citizen of West Bengal will be considered eligible for the Lokprasar Scheme. However, the applicant must be involved in the practice of folk art. To apply, the loco artist may have to show his identity card i.e. Aadhaar card or voter card.
Also, those who are going to apply for the Lokprasar Scheme should take two copies of passport-size photographs. And make sure that you have your own bank account before you apply.
Because the money received under this Scheme will come directly to your bank account, in which case it is essential to have your own place.
Where to contact?
The Lokprasar Scheme is a development Scheme run by the West Bengal state government, as it not only aims to preserve the folk culture of the lost folk artists but also to ensure the financial status of those involved in the practice of folk culture. About 85,000 folk artists have come under the Scheme since its inception. And the process is still going on.
The entire responsibility of the Lokprasar Prakalpa has been handed over to the Department of Information and Culture. However, the departments under this department have been given the responsibility of collecting information and managing the work.
Those who are engaged in folk art practice in West Bengal, if they have the relevant qualifications, must apply for the Lokprasar Scheme. For this, the aspiring applicants from the district can contact the concerned DICO / SDICO and in Kolkata, the office of the Secretary of FTCC.