What is Aadhaar Virtual ID?
A virtual ID is a 16 digit number that links to your Aadhaar number. This link is temporary because your Virtual ID number is not fixed forever. It vary with time. If understood in simple language, it is an alternative to Aadhar Number. You can generate your VID Number whenever you want, it is Online and can also be unlimited.
How to create and generate a virtual id?
You can generate a virtual ID number in two ways. It is quite simple both ways. First you can use the Online VID Number Generator Tool and in the second you can download and generate the Aadhaar card. You must first go to the official site of UIDAI.
Constant questions have been raised about the security of the Aadhaar Card, which is why UIDAI has made some changes in the Aadhaar. To secure Aadhaar, UIDAI Virtual ID facility has been given to citizens. With the help of a virtual Aadhaar ID, people will no longer need to give their 12-digit biometric Aadhaar ID. A aadhaar user can generate a virtual ID as many times as he wants. Now, as before, we do not have to repeatedly tell the Aadhaar number to take any service.
Virtual Aadhaar and its benefits
• UADAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) has brought a virtual Aadhaar ID which will be a 16 digit temporary number that you can share in lieu of the Aadhaar number. UADAI had been working on a virtual basis for several months. Now people will no longer need to give their 12-digit biometric Aadhaar ID.
• Aadhaar user can generate virtual ID as many times as he wants, but keep in mind that only 1 virtual ID will be issued in 1 day. This virtual ID will contain 16 random digits. With virtual ID, phone companies or banks will get limited information of Aadhaar holder such as name, address, and photograph which will be sufficient to prove the identity of that person. Aadhaar number information will not be available from virtual ID.
• The special thing about Virtual ID will be that no one will be able to tamper with your Aadhaar because the user can generate his own Aadhaar as soon as it is implemented. This 16-digit number can be generated by visiting the UADAI website.
How to create a virtual base?
• Visit the official website.
• Click on Virtual ID (VID) Generator in Aadhar Services here.
• After this, enter your Aadhaar number and security code.
• After this, OTP will come on the mobile number associated with Aadhaar.
• Insert the OTP on the Aadhaar registered mobile. From here you can generate a 16 digit virtual base.
• After this, your 16 digit virtual Aadhaar ID will be sent to your mobile.
• Now you can use your virtual Aadhaar card.
How to remove LAST GENERATED or old VID?
If you want to get your last VID number (Old), then follow all the steps above and take care of only the “5th Step”. Instead of the 5th Step (Generate / Retrieve VID), you have to select the option “Retrieve VID”. The rest of the steps are completely the same.
How to know the number after downloading adhaar card?
If you want, you can remove the virtual ID by downloading the Aadhar Card. To download the Aadhaar card go to UIDAI’s site and click on “Download Aadhaar” under Get Aadhaar. You can also use this direct link to go to the download page. After doing this, follow the steps below.
1. Aadhaar Number – Give your 12 digit number here.
2. Captcha Verification – Type Numbers and Letters here which you see in the image.
3. Send OTP – Click on this button.
After filling the OTP, complete the “Take a Quick Survey”. In this, you will be asked a total of 8 questions, just you have to select any one option. Finally, click on “Verify & Download”. Your e-Aadhaar Card will start downloading in a while.
After downloading, the Aadhar card PDF file has to be opened. You will see that the 16 digit VID Number of Aadhar Number will be printed (VID is also sent to your phone number by SMS). Keep in mind that you will be asked for the password when you open the Aadhaar card.